01. What the hell is functional medicine? - Dr. Jeffrey Kalins
What the hell is functional medicine?
Why is everyone talking about how evil wheat and corn are, and what does that have to do with leaky gut?
That’s what we’re going to discuss today, but just before we do that I would like to invite you to invite others to rate the show on Apple or Spotify.
Your inbox will love it when you subscribe to my art is not what you see... newsletter at meredithochoa.com
Today we are chatting with my doctor and extraordinary human, Dr. Jeffrey Kalins.
After completing undergraduate school he finished one year of medical school in Paris but quickly realized that wasn’t how he thought healthcare should be provided. Unless under emergency conditions it never made sense to him to take out body parts and give someone toxic chemicals which we call ‘drugs’ to deal with symptoms. He always had an inquisitive mind, asking why, so he embarked on a search to find the profession that would prepare him to deliver health care, and not sickness care. He found that in chiropractic and applied kinesiology which opened a whole new world that he shares with us today.
Check out his website at...
- 02:20 - What led Dr. Kalins to Functional Medicine
- 05:00 - Thyroid Issues
- 06:28 - Blood tests & Menopause
- 10:06 - Leaky Gut
- 12:40 - What is functional medicine?
- 16:29 - wheat, corn, rye & soy
- 24:35 - What makes Dr. Kalin's style unique
- 27:56 - Doctors are teachers
- 29:50 - Biohacking with art
- why you should stop eating corn, wheat, rye & soy.
- why blood tests don't reveal the root cause, and all that is occurring in your body.
- what is leaky gut?
- genetic modification of foods vs. hybridization and the impact on your body.
- how your immune system takes care of cancer cells everyday.
- The concept in your body of, 'out of time, with need'.
If you liked the episode or you think it would be useful for someone else, please leave a review on Apple, Spotify, Youtube, or (especially) podchaser
This show is a labor of love. The best way you can show your support for the show is to share it on your social media outlets, with family and friends & subscribe here for $5/month to receive exclusive perks.
If there is a woman you know who is struggling with period pain, the foundation of how I healed myself began with reading Womancode & In The Flo by Alisa Vitti.
You can also pick up a signed copy of my printed book with a list of resources and doctors that helped me, Face Your Shit, Heal Yourself on my Instagram @meredithwochoa and remember, as always...
The truth will set you free.
podcast insta = @faceyourshithealyourself
Youtube= ANOTHER F*#%ING ARTIST
Facebook = ANOTHER F ING ARTIST
Linkedin= Meredith Ochoa
subscribe to the "art is not what you see..." newsletter