If you are a human being, you have a pelvic floor.
But how much does this area affect your gut, your bladder, and the rest of your body?
I’m hosting this show because after unraveling all of the medical lies I had been told about Endometriosis, I educated myself, and I was able to heal myself. Whether it's Endometriosis or any other painful disorder labeled as 'chronic', we expose the lesser-known solutions that can heal your mind, body & spirit.
And of course, I made (and continue to make) an ongoing art series about it titled, Every Phase–powerfully illustrating how I healed myself living by the phases of the female cycle infradian rhythm clock. Follow the series by subscribing at meredithochoa.com
Even though I was lied to for years by big pharma, I was able to find experts who helped me achieve the impossible. This space introduces them to you.
Today we are chatting with an extraordinary woman who helped me immensely in healing my pain, extraordinary human, Dr. Sara Bolden.
She is a licensed physical therapist, board-certified women's health clinical specialist and certified functional medicine provider. For over 18+ years, her focus has been helping and healing individuals with pelvic pain, urogynecologic disorders, and pelvic floor dysfunctions. She is among the first board-certified women's health clinical specialists in the metro-Atlanta region and started Women First Rehabilitation in 2006, an exclusive pelvic floor rehabilitation practice devoted entirely to helping individuals with pelvic pain and pelvic floor disorders. Dr. Bolden is an alumnus of LSU receiving a BS in Biochemistry as well as Shenandoah University where she received her Doctor of Physical Therapy. She is the founder of What a Girl Wants Seminars, speaking across the country to educate women on their bodies, helps couples enhance their intimacy, and is also the author of What a Girl Wants: The Good Girl’s Guide to Great Sex.
Check out her website here.
WFR Pelvic Health & Wellness Specialists
3233 S. Cherokee Ln Bldg 1000 Woodstock, GA 30188
- 05:08 #1 Why Dr. Bolden decided to become a pelvic floor PT
- 09:26 #2 Clearing up Pelvic Floor Myths
- 11:09 #3 Diaphragmatic breathing
- 12:24 #4 Stop Washing Your Vagina
- 14:52 #5 The method that sets you free
- 18:37 #6 Signs that it's time to see a pelvic floor PT
- 21:28 #7 Dealing with Embarrassment & Emotions
- 26:00 #8 Biohacking with Art
- 1 in 3 women have pelvic pain, don't be embarrassed, you deserve healing.
- Yes, men have a pelvic floor and can have pain as well.
- How your pelvic floor impacts the rest of your body, specifically your gut and bladder.
- Why you should stop washing your vagina
- How Dr. Bolden's unique method truly heals & empowers you, so you won't have to see her any longer.
You can also pick up a signed copy of my printed book with a list of resources and doctors that helped me, and remember, as always...
The truth will set you free.
podcast insta = @faceyourshithealyourself
art insta = @meredithwochoa
Youtube= ANOTHER F*#%ING ARTIST
Facebook = ANOTHER F ING ARTIST
Linkedin= Meredith Ochoa
subscribe to the "art is not what you see..." newsletter